You can learn more from
our frequently asked questions

Auto Insurance Commercial Insurance Personal Insurance Property Insurance
Most states require you to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance and also provide proof of insurance to register a vehicle or renew your license. In the case of an accident, the minimum liability insurance required by the state may not be enough coverage to pay for the damages that result after an accident. In this case, the driver responsible for the accident may have to pay additional expenses out of pocket. To determine how much auto insurance you need, consider:

- The value of your assets
- How and when you drive
- What you drive
- Who is in the car with you
To ensure everyone on the road is covered in case of an accident, most states require drivers to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance, or establish financial responsibility in some other way. Drivers must also have the ability to provide proof of insurance to register or renew a driver’s license. This is the case for cars, trucks, motorcycles and commercial vehicles. You may want to consult with your Farmers agent and visit DMV Car Insurance by State to learn about your state’s unique requirements.
Looking for auto insurance quotes can be confusing. When you get an auto insurance quote from Farmers, we will guide you every step of the way to help you choose the amount of insurance that you determine to best fit your needs. Farmers can also compare rates with other top companies in just minutes to see who is offering the best price.
Insurance companies assess your risk by using a Risk Assessment Indicator, which is a numerical score based on credit report information. These Risk Assessment Indicators are highly predictive of future claim activities, helping insurance companies charge a rate that is appropriate for the risk of the insured individual.
While there are a number of factors that contribute to the cost of your premium, there are some things you can do to help reduce it. The car you drive will greatly affect your premium. To lower your auto insurance costs, you may consider switching automobiles and driving a safer, slightly older or less valuable vehicle. The more your vehicle is worth, the more it can cost to insure it. If you don’t want to change cars, you can modify your vehicle to make it safer or lower-risk by adding anti-theft devices or features like anti-lock brakes. In addition, selecting a higher deductible and ensuring that your coverage doesn’t lapse may help you keep your auto insurance costs down.

If you don’t want to change or modify your car, you can also consider changing your driving habits. Your driving record is one of the most important factors considered when determining your premium. You can also try cutting down on the miles you drive and getting other insurance policies with Farmers to save you money.
While the decision to purchase commercial auto insurance for some businesses is obvious, for others it's more complicated. For example, even though an Avon representative may use her car to deliver products once a week, a personal insurance policy would still fit her needs.
Every business has different needs. With FIREFLY Commercial auto insurance, you can customize a policy just for you to ensure both you and your business are fully protected.
Our direct representatives and local independent agents are knowledgeable about what businesses like yours need. When you purchase a commercial auto insurance policy, we'll help you choose exactly the right coverage for your business so you never have to make those important decisions alone.
Most customers want to save money, especially because insurance is one of the biggest expenses for businesses. And driving those costs down can mean an instant impact on your bottom line.
At FIREFLY, we understand you want to save money. That's why we offer a list of money-saving tips — choices you can make to help save on commercial auto insurance.
We offer an optional coverage that can pay for some or all of your rental car fees. Just check your policy or work with your claims rep to see how your coverages apply. Even if you don't have coverage for rental car fees, your claims rep can still help you find a rental and offer you a discount.
Your claims rep will determine who is at fault (who is liable) based on the laws in your state and the circumstances of the accident. Depending on the facts of the loss, there may be shared responsibility between the drivers involved.
If another person is found to be at fault for the accident, we'll work with you to make sure either they or their insurance company pays for your damages and losses and recover any money you may have paid toward your deductible or repairs. We can't promise that we'll always be able to recover your deductible from the other insurance company or driver, but we'll do our best to make it happen. If there is shared responsibility, the amount you receive back may be prorated.
The decision to repair is yours—and it’s OK to not repair your vehicle.
If you don’t own your vehicle, check with your lienholder or leasing company before making a decision. They may require that you repair.
If you don’t repair, we’ll issue payment to you (minus your deductible).
We resolve many property damage claims within 7 to 14 days, but repair times can vary greatly based on your vehicle, the damage, etc. No matter what, we’ll work quickly and efficiently so you can get back to your normal routine.
Generally, all quote requests are reviewed within 48 hours, but this duration depends on the nature of your quote.
Changes to policy, like changing providers, can be made even if you escrow your home insurance. Note that it is important to inform your mortgage lender when switching your home insurance companies.
Some home insurance policies would renew automatically. Still, the process of insurance renewal mainly depends on the providers. Hence, checking with your provider is highly advised.
Homeowners’ insurance rate depends on the house’s roof, its specifications, location, past property renovations, and even its claims history in some states.